Online Massachusetts Death Records Indexes
- Death Indexes and Vital Records Indexes at Ancestry (these require payment)...
Massachusetts Death Records Indexes, Obituaries and Cemeteries by County
- Massachusetts Death Records and Vital Records at FamilySearch (free with registration) includes...
- Massachusetts Deaths, 1841-1915, 1921-1924 (includes scanned images of the death registers and certificates)
- Massachusetts State Vital Records, 1841-1920 (includes births, marriages and deaths, 1916-1920, and state amendments to vital records, 1841-1920; not yet complete)
- Massachusetts Town Deaths Index, ca. 1640-1961; for 11 counties; coverage varies
- Massachusetts Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1626-2001; coverage varies by town; indexing is not yet complete
- Massachusetts Delayed and Corrected Vital Records, 1753-1900
- Barnstable County...
- Berkshire County Probate Guide and Index, 1761-1900
- Berkshire County: Assorted Vital Records (most are pre-1850)
- Boston: see the Suffolk County section below
- Bristol County...
- Dukes County History and Genealogy for the Town of Tisbury and the Island of Martha's Vineyard includes some cemetery burials, marriage indexes and death indexes
- Dukes County: Oak Grove Cemetery Burials in Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts (PDF)
- Essex County...
- Franklin County News Archive 1870-Sept 1875 includes some obituaries
- Franklin County Probate Guide and Index 1812-1925
- Hampden County: Springfield Vital Records, 1638-1887 from FamilySearch
- Hampden County: Longmeadow Cemetery Records
- Hampshire County: Burials in North and West Cemeteries in Amherst, Massachusetts
- Middlesex County...
- Middlesex County: Billerica Cemeteries some with online transcriptions
- Middlesex County: Mount Auburn Cemetery Burials Search (Cambridge, MA) look for the "Explore" tab when you get there
- Middlesex County: Chelmsford Newspapers Obituary Search and Cemetery Archive The Cemetery Archive is for Fairview, Forefathers, Heart Pond, Pine Ridge, and Riverside Cemeteries.
- Middlesex County: Gravemarker Data from the South (Main Street) Burying Ground and the Old Hill Burying Ground, Concord, Mass
- Middlesex County: Lincoln Public Library Obituary Database
- Middlesex County: Cemeteries of Littleton, Massachusetts
- Middlesex County: Lowell Vital Records Indexes (Birth, Marriage, Death) from Local Newspapers
- Middlesex County: Burials of St. Peter's Cemetery 1900-1913 (Lowell) also has Civil War Veterans Buried in Lowell Cemetery, and other items
- Middlesex County: Vital Records for the Town of Natick 1874-1913
- Middlesex County: City of Newton Genealogy Indexes includes Death Indexes, 1635-1925; PDF files
- Middlesex County: Newton Cemetery Burial Search (Newton Centre, Massachusetts)
- Middlesex County: Wakefield Death Record Search 1850-2014 from the Lucius Beebe Memorial Library (also has a link for pre-1850 deaths)
- Middlesex County: Mount Auburn Catholic Cemetery (Sand Banks Cemetery) Burials and Veterans Graves Watertown, Massachusetts; Excel files; also has Arlington Street Burying Ground Burials (in the genealogy section)
- Middlesex County: Arlington Cemetery Burials (Watertown)
- Middlesex County Cemetery Projects
- Nantucket County...
- Norfolk County...
- Plymouth County...
- Suffolk County and Boston...
- Worcester County...
Ordering Massachusetts Vital Records
- Finding Boston Passenger Lists and Records, 1820-1943
- Massachusetts Genealogy Records at Ancestry (requires payment)
- Massachusetts Catholic Order of Foresters Mortuary Records Index Irish fraternal life insurance society; FamilySearch has digitized copies of the records online at: Massachusetts, Forester Mortuary Records, 1880-1935
- Massachusetts Vital Records, 1600-1849 Online (ongoing volunteer transcription project - has some records for Berkshire, Dukes, Essex, Franklin, Middlesex, Nantucket, Norfolk and Worcester Counties)
- Early Massachusetts Vital Records Prior to 1850 at Google Books