New York City Death Records Indexes, Cemeteries and Obituaries
New York City Notes: The 5 New York City Boroughs of today are Manhattan (New York County), the Bronx (Bronx County), Brooklyn (Kings County), Queens (Queens County), and Staten Island (Richmond County).
- All Boroughs - Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island
- New York City Death Records Index, 1862-1948 (at Ancestry/index is free with registration) includes Manhattan 1867-1948; Brooklyn 1862-1948; Bronx, Queens, and Richmond 1898-1948
- New York City Death Index, 1949-1965 (at Ancestry/requires payment)
- New York City Municipal Deaths, 1795-1949 from FamilySearch (free) includes Manhattan 1795-1949, Bronx 1898-1948, Brooklyn 1847-1949, Queens 1898-1949, and Richmond 1898-1949
- New York City Death Records Search, 1862-1948 (index is free) includes: 1868-1894 Manhattan; 1862-1897 Brooklyn; 1898-1948 All Boroughs
- New York City Newspapers Obituaries Archive (you can obtain copies of individual obituaries online for a fee) includes...
- New York Daily News (1/4/2006-Current)
- New York Post (11/22/1999-Current)
- New York Sun (6/4/2002-Current)
- Irish Voice (2/15/2006-Current)
- recent obituaries from newspapers in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island
- and many other NY newspapers
- New York Times Birth, Marriage and Death Notices and Obituaries 1851-2001 (requires payment) part of a subscription to Ancestry's U.S. genealogy records collection, which also includes...
- Richmond County: Staten Island
New York City Probate Records and Wills Online
Ordering New York City Death Certificates and Vital Records
More Helpful New York Genealogy Resources